Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect a new account through Terminal Server Win Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2001
US
Started working for a new client.

I am not sure what the old Admin did but I am having trouble with Terminal Server.

I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers.

A Domain Controller/fileserver and an SQLServer.

Terminal Services are used on Both.

I needed to create a new users account and I did a Copy from one of the other accounts that can access both Terminal Server Machines

Groups are set to both Domain users and Remote Desktop Users.

Now if I log into the Domain Controller through RDP there is no problem.

If I try and login to the SQL server I get the:

"To log on to this remote computer, you must be granted the Allow log on through Terminal Services right. By default, members of the Remote Desktop Users group have this right. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has this right, or if the Remote Desktop Users group does not have this right, you must be granted this right manually"

i created another account from scratch same thing, I can RDP to Controller but get msg if I RDP to SQLserver.

I created myself my own account by copying the former admins account with their groups which he has membership into 15+ groups.

I can log into both servers.

I can't figure this one out.

Thank You

Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back