Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't configure RLI for RAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomguy333

Technical User
Jan 11, 2012
US
We've recently had an area-code overlay (forcing 10-digit dialing), our local bell is still allowing 7-digit to pass. I'm trying to test forced 10-digit by changing an existing RLI assigned to a local NXX to point to a RAN Route with recording......"To complete your call you must dial 10-digits, please hang up and try your call again including area code."

In trying to change the ROUT under the RLI, I get an error "ESN031" complaining that the route type is not allowed. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

>ld 90
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE nxx
NXX 757
RLI 40
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

ld 86
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 40
ELC NO
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 100 .................................(trying to change from ROUT 100 to ROUT 39)
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 1
DMI 8
CTBL 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO
ISET 0
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

>ld 21
REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 39
TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 39
DES
TKTP RAN
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
VTRK NO
NODE
CNDP UKWN
RTYP AUD
GRD IDLE
REP 1
POST DIS
RANH
STRT DDL
WAIT RGB
BDCT NO
ASUP YES
ACOD 1039
TARG 01
CDR NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
CTBL 0
AACR NO

Make a DMI that deletes 0 and inserts the ACOD to the RAN route.
Then change your RLI entry to LTER YES and use the DMI that you just created.

Just a guess here but I highly doubt it is going to allow you to send an NXX to a RAN Route in the RLI. Maybe send out a company wide e-mail and tell them to dial 10 digits or their call wont go through. They will learn quick enough. Or you could get real creative and do it for them with a DMI that adds the area code for those NXX's. But truthfully, they are going to have to do it at home also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back