Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't configure array on ml 350 G1

Status
Not open for further replies.

togsen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2006
DK
thread484-915080

I am having a problem with modifying the array.
Also, I cannot press F10 at server boot up to access the configuration partition. alsow have the smartstart cd v. 5.5

ChrisRAnthony (TechnicalUser) 13 Sep 04 5:24 answered in the thread named above

When starting the server with the Smartstart CD do you get an option screen which allows you to delete the contents of the array? You should see a screen with, from memory, should have six items on it. One of which allows you to delete the exiting array.

i started with erasing the config with SS cd 5.5
rebooted with cd, and in SS 5.5 window i have 2 options 1. somthing with a guided install and 2. create software disks.

I chose option one sellected mannual install and config. i select "other" OS and move on.

a blue screean apperrs, telling me that it's formating the disks, and if i want to configurer the array I shall push F10 when showen i top of screean.... but F10 i used to enter bios...

don't know waht to do...!!!

Sorry about the spelling :)

As standard, F10 is not available until you install SmartStart. SmartStart installs inself into a system partition on the configured hard disks and until this occurs, you will not get the F10 option. Note: F10 is not to enter the BIOS, it is to enter SmartStart but you can only do this when SmartStart is installed.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

when booting the new OS Windows 2003 Server R2 and get to the partition option. I Can see that a small partition has been installd like you say. when i reboot without Windows cd i get no system disk found press any key.... still don't get the option to configure my array? any ideas? or help suggestions wil be apreciated.

The partition may be there, but that does not mean that the smartstart software has been installed. In your case, it sounds like it hasn't. However, you should still be able to created the array directly from the smart start 5.5 CD.

Okay.... this is embaresing!! I'hv just found out that it's only a SCSI-Controler, and not an array-controler. so the joke is on me guys ;)
Sorry :|
thankt for the quick replys though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back