Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Conference w/ COT Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary7B

Technical User
Nov 2, 2004
Why can't I create a 3-way conference call w/ two external parties using two COT trunks? The "connect" label does not appear on the 3904 allowing me to connect the third party to the conference. I have no difficulty creating 6-way conferences via my T-1 circuits. The COT's are ground-start with SUPN=yes and STYP=PSP. On Option 11C w/ 25.40B.

set supy to no

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

sorry should have been supn set to no

I had the same problem with a Nortel 81C running Succession 3.0. My maintenance vendor installed a patch to correct the problem.

Ok, kind of counter-intuitive, but that worked! Now, what would you say about my doing the same thing on my loop-start trunks? What is the effect of changing SUPN from YES to NO? (They are only used for outbound calling so no problem with hanging up Mermail.)

THERE IS NO AMSWER SUPERVISION ON LOOP START GIVEN FROM THE CO TO THE SWITCH, SO GO AHEAD AND TRY IT. THE THING WITH GROUND START AND FLAGGING IT NO IS THAT ANSWER SUPERVISION IS STILL RECOGNIZED BY THE SWITCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back