Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant clear cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

benluke4

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
GB
Hi ive been having a nightmare.

I just went from broadband to dial up and then back to broadband (due to house move) and since yesterday when my broadband was activated again I cant clear my cache and am seeing old pages on some sites i visit.

This is happening on IE and Firefox, ive done the usual delete internet files, offline content, disk clean etc but still viewing pages which are old.

Im using a BT Voyager 205 ADSL Router, somebody mentioned it might be to do with the "Proxy cache" I have no knowledge of this.

any ideas as its realy causing me problems.

Ive tried reinstalling router and resetting it, but this has no effect.

help!!!!

Thanks

Ben

I was going to reinstall IE and firefox, would this help? but when i went to remove IE it wasn't under add/remove programs, how would i uninstall it??

Thanks

Ben

also a lot of pages im browsing are coming up with errors on, these are pages that have no errors on and that other people are not getting errors on????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I know this doesn't answer your question directly, but it might help as a stop-gap measure if you need to view up-to-date websites while you are sorting this issue out.

If you want to view an up-to-date version of any URL, append a random number to the end of it:

Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.yoursite.com/somefolder/somepage.html?myRandNum=1234[/URL]

You should always see an up-to-date page if you use a different number each time.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]D'ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here?[/tt]
[banghead]

Hi Dan, i just tried this

as i have a advert that was posted on this page yesterday

It is still showing an old page - no advert.

The advert is defo there as i jucst check with a friend?

??????????????????????????????????

Thanks

Ben

ok i did a clean install of firefox but this hasn't help the problem.

Should i be contacting my isp about this issue???? or is it an issue with my system

Thanks

Ben

Try contacting your ISP - they may be able to help further.

Dan

[tt]D'ya think I got where I am today because I dress like Peter Pan here?[/tt]
[banghead]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back