Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Change Media Set on New Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwknapp

Programmer
Jul 13, 2004
US
When I create a new backup job in BE 9.1, the only media set that is selectable is Media Set 1, even though there are other sets defined and in use by existing jobs. I am taking over backup management from an employee that is no longer with us, so my experience with this version is not great. The problem occurs both in the wizard and when manually creating new backup jobs. Rather than allowing me to select "rotation - full" or "rotation - diff" which are already defined media sets, I can select only the default Media Set 1.

I can change devices and not get any other selections either. Any help would be highly appreciated.

I figured out my own question, but do not like the answer. See for the answer. Media sets created by a wizard are not useable outside of the wizard. Thus, you get locked into using the media wizard to create jobs or you have to see what it created, then duplicate those sets manually in order to use them with manually created jobs. I have not used BE for several years, and then it was only for Netware, but I see they are still up to some of their old tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back