Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't change LDAP Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2003
US
Have a prob changing passwords in Groupwise when setup with LDAP authentication.

Users can't change password within GroupWise. Edir 8.7.3.6, GW6.5.4 running on Windows 2003. No Novell servers, no novell client. Using SSL LDAP for authentication against edirectory.

There is a TID that identifies the problem exactly, but reports it is fixed in NMAS version 2.3.5 or higher. There is buzz on the newsgroups that it's not fixed.
I can disable Universal Password and make things work, but I apparently need Universal Password for Password synch betweeen AD and eDir with IDM2.

It was working fine with eDir 8.7.3.2 + NMAS 2.3.5 on W2K, but the LDAP service kept shutting down. Over the weekend, the whole groupwise system was moved to a new location on a W2K3 server with latest patches. It isn't tied to Windows because I can duplicate it on a Novell system.

Any thoughts. Thanks.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Just out of curiosity Marvin does your LDAP proxy user have a null password and no password restrictions setup on him? I may be talking way off base here for your type setup. But I do know that when we setup GW to authenticate using LDAP that our LDAP proxy user had to be setup with no password and no password restrictions. I'm keying my question on the TID you referenced and the last line of the Cause section that stated "The error 125 states that the connection that is attempting the password change is not connected.".
Thanks!

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Farout, thanks. I haven't looked much at the LDAP proxy user.. Pretty sure it's not setup the way you mentioned.. Will check and do some testing..

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back