Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't change back to Plug n Play Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffycli

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2001
HK
Hi all,

I have configured my REALTEK 8139 network interface card, that is originally getting the IRQ and I/O address by plug and play method, to a specific IRQ and I/O address. Since then, I'm unable to get my network card works anymore.

I have tried to use "linuxconf" to remove the specific IRQ and I/O address in order to make the network card to get its IRQ and I/O address automatically.However, when I have remove the IRQ and I/O address fields in linuxconf and activiate the change and quit the linuxconf and back again, I found the IRQ and I/O address are still there.

I would like to know where are those IRQ and I/O address be stored so that I can maually edit it or just remove it.

Thank you for your attention

Best Regards,
Jeff

Hi,

You would just edit your /etc/modules.conf file and remove the 'options rtl8139' line (might be 'options 8139too' ).

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back