Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't call out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturts

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2009
US

Hello,

I have a Norstar system. I have 8 POTS lines coming in; I can receive calls but I can't make calls out. I have tried power cycling the switch but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions?

More info please, like do you dial a 9 or do you just press a line button. And what do you get when you can't call out

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Are you using a PRI or T1, or just POTS?

What system/sw level?

If you've got POTS (plain old telephone service), it could be that one of the last lines in your pool are dead.

call a tech or get (8) 2500 sets and connect one pots line to each

Sorry. Reread the post. No PRI.

Have you checked all the lines at the demarc?

I would agree, more information is needed.

Have you tried dialing out on at least one of them with analog phone or butt set to see if you can dial out on the trunks. This eliminates a trunk issue.

If trunks work, then you are down to the hardware either having an issue, or programming. I'd isolate one trunk and start doing some testing on it. When you receive a call, can you send tones to the other end? Can you call internal extension numbers, voicemail, auto attendant, etc. If so, then probably a trunk access issue in programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back