Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't call long distance from second line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapleusa

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
When people call out on the second line of some of our 2616s they receive a message that they are unable to make a long distance call on this line, but if they call the same number from the main line, the call goes through. We set up the phones similar to this:
Key 00 Scr 3020
Key 01 Scr 3220

We own the phone number 3020 (use 3220 to allow second line for the same number). It appears that the calls from the second line are going out as (xxx)xxx-3220 and therefore are seen by the phone company as not having long distance.

My question(s) are:

1) How can I set it up so the second line goes out with the number of the main line?

or

2) Should I set up the second line in a different manner?

Thanks

The caller id you are sending out when making calls is probably the number of key 1.
With calling number screening in the co they won,t allow a call if the number (CLID) you are sending as the "calling" number is not in their table. Go into ld 11 and change key 1 to be scr xxxx D. This should send the number of key 0 no matter which key your call is made from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back