Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Call Forward Toll Free Calls Out Of A Hunt Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trustel

Technical User
Feb 22, 2004
US
I have a customer with a BCM50, Rel 6.0, PRI, and 7316E phones. They have an 800 number that's overlayed on their Main number. Calls to the main number ring into a Hunt Group which broadcasts the call to 6 phones. After the 30 sec. queue timeout the call is routed to another phone, not in the hunt group, that Call Forwards the call to an offsite Answering service.

The problem: If the caller dials the main number the call forwards to the Answering service perfectly. However if the caller uses the 800 number, the call rings the Hunt Group but it never forwards to the phone that is call forwarding to the Answering service. When the queue timeout is reached, the 800 call just loops around back into the queue and it will continue to do this until the caller hangs up.

Additional info: I removed the Main number Target line from the Hunt Group and assigned it to the phone that forwards the call to the Answering service; this worked perfectly for both the Main number and 800 number calls.
I also tried assigning the Target line to both the Hunt Group and the forwarding phone but the 800 call still would not route to the answering service.

Has anyone heard of this before and is there a fix?

Strange one.

Does the forwarding set have your main number in its OLI field?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I'm not sure if the main number is in the OLI. I won't be able to check until Monday but will do so then.

What is your thinking on the OLI?

Thanks.

My thinking is is the carrier is blocking the call to avoid any toll fraud issue based on Caller ID.
The toll free CLID info maybe differ then the Land Line CLID and the carrier is sensing something is up.
Maybe the toll free CLID is getting lost because of the Hunt Group, so programming the OLI might assist with telling the carrier that is the main # therefore the carrier lets the call go through.

The OLI can be the main number or the users DID in most cases, the carrier approves them but if it is programmed as the DID then try the main number anyway.

Use Monitor to see observe what happens too.

Have tried another DN as the forwarding set?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back