Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't call forward to external numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teleplop

Vendor
May 28, 2003
US
I have a Norstar 4.1. I am trying to set up external call forwarding. The system has a PRI. I have routing set up and I also have Redirect ring and Allow redirect active. When I hit Feature 4 and 9, the displat reads "Invalid number" Any ideas?

Teleplop

create another destination code and use that one just for this.
4.1 had this problem

Thanks senk1s. I tried that with "81A" and it did the same thing. Invaid number.

Teleplop

acewarlock. Yes. we dial 9. Line pool access codes are all blank. External code is blank also. All codes are built in Destination codes ie: 91A, 92A, 93A and so on.

Teleplop

Allow redirect needs to be active for each set you want to allow forwarding externaly.

could you try 81 as the dest code instead of 81any

All were great suggestions but, I tried 81 and that didn't work, I am absorbing 1 digit, And I tried just 9A and still got the same results. Display reads "Invalid number"

Teleplop

I am having the same problem. I can dial the dest. code and the external number is dialed...I can even transfer to it. However Call FWD returns "Invalid Number"

Make sure that in the route you don't have anything in DialOut.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Nothing currently in DialOut. The only numbers that are accepted following Feature+4 are DIDs....

Have you checked your Dialing Plan and made sure that the number is valid.

Well folks....I feel dumb. I found out what my problem was....wrong version of software. Needs to be 4.1 or higher. Mine was 4.0.

Teleplop

That will get you every time.

I hate to steal the thread, but......I am using 6.1. This might be an obvious question...in order for the Dest codes/ Routes to work, does the Routing Service need to be on? I have tried it both ways been when it is enabled any normal outbound calls get "Expensive Route" message.

It isn't a good idea to post your question in another thread, but no you don't need Routing Service on. You program your destination code and the route and that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back