Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't backup System State on Domain Controllers (BE 8.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasguy

MIS
Mar 1, 2002
US
I can't backup system state on my PDC using 8.5. Fails with an "Access Denied" error followed with an "Access Rights" statement. I'm using beadmin as the backup account and beadmin is in the Domain, Enterprise, Exchange and local Administrator groups. I have the appropriate agents on my servers and they allow system state backup of my application, file and terminal servers. Exchange 2000 backs up as well. Is BE 8.5 supposed to be able to backup system state on a PDC? W2K, SP4 by the way.

First try backing it up with NTBACKUP. NTBACKUP you will have to search the log for skippped or in use error. This means there is something wrong on the OS side.

Backup Exec - Enable restrict anonymous in registry and restat the backup exec services and then try the backup

If that fails try disabling antivirus during the backup.

Side Note: 8.5 is no longer supported by Symanrec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back