Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't backup network resources 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp2002

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
NL
Hi,

I've got Arcserve 2000 (v7) workgroup and I'm trying to back up network drives.

When I select the network computer I have to give a username and password and then I submit to do the backup right away.

First arcserve estimates the time, then disconnects from media and then says the backup has failed.
The log shows that it was unable to connect to network drive (E3150).

I've also tried to backup a share that has guest priveleges, but gives the same result.

Anyone an idea?
Is it the workgroup licence?

XP2000

Are you using xp operating system? What system are you using?

No I'm using Windows NT 4 server. (SP 6a)

The error is:
E3150 Unable to connect to network drive (DRIVE = \\SERVER\D$. EC=NO SUCH LOGON SESSION).

Does Workgroup support backing up other computers? I use Advanced and have no problems with the other computers.

-Debi

HI,

You cannot use Workgroup Edition to backup remote SERVERS..

However, you can backup NT workstations and Win 9x machines..

you need the advanced edition to Backup the remote SERVERS..

cheers
speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I am using ARCServe 2000 Advanced edition with the client on each of my servers and I get the same message. Any ideas what may be causing this.

NT wise can you connect to the network drive logging on as the account used for backups?

We're using Windows 2000 Server. I was able to connect to the network user using the domain administrator user id/password. Interesting since the backup operator has almost the same privileges. The backup has been running since yesterday. It estimates, then backups, then estimates. Any suggetions for this?

I always disable file estimate of the options of the jobs, from past experience, i find it as useful as a brick in a microwave. Have you checked under Local Security policy to see if domain administrator and the backup account do have the same priviledges to running the backup job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back