Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't attach auto attendant to ext 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneguyjoe

Programmer
Oct 16, 2005
US
The system is an ACS R6 with PVM R3 Large voicemail card.

Seems that everyone else is working find, but no matter what I do I can't attach a mailbox to extension 11. I have reformatted a different box, deleted the original box and re-assigned the new box. The Key is that the extension is cover by intercom voicemail but not by the Auto Attendant.

I should know this but alas I can't figure it out, thanks in advance my friends. Joe

Try assigning "mailbox #2" and see if that works. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

With "PVM R3 Large voicemail card" you can't assign an extension to be answered by the auto attendant.

If you are just trying to assign a regular mailbox to Ext. 12, log into the system administrator's mailbox.

First press 2 to determine how many mailboxes the system is configured for.

DON'T change anything, just back up from there

Now, knowing how many mailboxes are in the system, use option 1 to assign a mailbox to an extension. Again, don't make any changes, but find out which extension is assigned to each mailbox, from 1 to the maximum number.

You may find you already have a mailbox assigned to Ext. 11, or you may find that you don't and need to reassign one of the other mailboxes.

You can't re-assign a mailbox unless the mailbox is in the default state, which means that you may need to pick a mailbox, reinitialize it, and then reassign it.

And remember that it is asking for MAILBOX number, NOT extension number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back