Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant Assign LDN to 500 speeddial button - busy signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUIsareapassingfad

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2016
US
Hi
Our guest rooms have 2008s. Each has a HOT D for Front Desk. Its an LDN, 7997. It looks like its set up so a guest will always come up as a specific ICI on the Att Console.
our conference rooms have all Teledex 500's. If i Try and program 7997 to one of the 500 Speed Dial Key i get a busy signal when i press it.
When i tried dialing 7997 i get a busy when i press the 7 9so cant even dial the remaining digits, 997.)
So can I set the 500 Speed Dial to dial 7997, and if so whats stopping it?

Here is the LDN Data:
TYPE LDN_DATA
CUST 00
OPT XLDN
DLDN NO
LDN0 5098
LDN1 7997
LDN2 7998
LDN3 7999
LDN4 3100
LDN5
ICI 00 R003 R017
ICI 01 LD1
ICI 02 CA1
ICI 03 LD2
ICI 04 LD4 DL0
ICI 05
ICI 06 RLL
ICI 07
ICI 08 LD3
ICI 09 LD0 INT

and here is the 500 Phone:

DES C218
TN 020 0 08 14
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 1451 0 MARP
CPND
NAME OAKRIDGE BALLROOM SOUTH
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 0
LDN 0
NCOS 6
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST 3
SCI 0
CLS TLD DTN FBD XFR WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD CCSA-CSI LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA
MCRD SHL ABDD CFHD
USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD PGND FTTU
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
DATE 21 MAY 2018

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Stanley,
Thank you. it looks like that phone is a different XLST then the Guest Rooms(?).
What are the ramifications of changing that parameter?
and, better yet, wtf does that even mean! :)

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Pretranslation
Best to read the description in the feature guide for a full understanding.
Essentially, the XLST corresponds to a speed call list that controls the first digit of numbers dialed from the phone.
Commonly used in hotel environment like yours.

Thanx Again Mr Steamer!

I will consult my feature guide!
these are all 500 phones, each with 5 programmable speed dial buttons (local memory only) i would think it has nothing to do with any system speed dial or such. As long as i know i cant screw the pooch by changing it, i will give it a try and report back!

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Hi,
So i changed the XLST class to match the guest phones - no change :(
Is there a way to find out what the number being dialed is? even if i get busy sig and it does not complete?
AND could it be that that particular number is being blocked?

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

LD 20
REQ: prt
TYPE: pre
CUST 0

That will give you the XLST (XLAT) to SCL (PRE) map. Usually it's 1 to 1 but not always.

Then
LD 20
REQ: prt
TYPE: scl

The speed call list entries 0 to 9 show what gets dialed for each first digit. Could be a complete number or just a prefix.

Stanley, et al.
I think i did not make myself clear. and i apologize.
The Speed Dial i am using is not the system or TN speed dial. its a dedicated button you have to program on the 500 phone. I think the 2008 nomenclature is Autodial.
The issue is: i need to be able to dial the number 7997 from a 500 phone, but even if i dial it manually i get a busy as soon as i press 7. its almost like anything that starts w 7 is not allowed. If i knew what to look for to see if its a CLS i could fix it, i think.

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.
When pretranslation is turned on you are always using a speed dial list.
If you print the information I suggested you will see what happens when you dial 7 from a phone with XLST 3 may be different than when you dial with XLST 0 or something else.

I compared 2 phones, one that the autodial/7997 worked, and the one that gave me busy. the xslt was different as was sci. I changed both to match and it works now. Thank you for all your help!

Nortel Meridian1
Version 2511
Release 25
Issue 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back