Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't anyone help me do modem access???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmkG

Programmer
May 12, 2001
PH
Can't anyone help me do modem access??? Using Win32 APIs??? "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

Have you had a look at the TAPI (v3) in the Platform SDK? It's s*&t load of stuff for dialup and modem access. If you don't have it you can get it gratis from MS.

HTH
William
Software Engineer
ICQ No. 56047340

(sigh) somehow MSDN doesn't seem to work for me... I can't ever find anything I REALLY REALLY need fast enough there. "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

Crappy MSDN... I kept searching for Platform SDK and it kept giving me 1000+ matching pages, which discouraged me from looking real hard for it. Crappy MSDN....

Now win32.hlp, that is good.

Is there some other lower-level way of accessing the modem? Preferably by sending 'AT' commands myself? TAPI seems to prevent me from doing that, 'course I've just taken a look-over. Need to convert a DOS game program that does modem access... "Information has a tendency to be free. Which means someone will always tell you something you don't want to know."

You could always use CreateFile this will give you access to the COMM ports. You can then send raw data.

HTH
William
Software Engineer
ICQ No. 56047340

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back