Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't add users to published app Citrix Metaframe anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikexp

Technical User
Feb 19, 2003
CH
Hello everyone

I've encountered a strange issue on Citrix Metaframe XP 1.0. (running on W2K, Userdomain is NT4.0, trusted)
When logged in to the management console, I can't add users to one of the published applications (Citrix Metaframe).
The pull down menu shows our NT domain, I can select the user, click 'add' or I verify the user by typing '<Domain>\<Username>' - and it just wont get added. No error message, no 'bing!' sound, nothing.
When I switch to other published applications, I can add/remove users just as I like to.
There's no license shortage or other general limitation.

What's wrong here?
Thank you very much for your help
Markus

I don't know, but I would guess that if you have a lot of users authorized for this application, you might be hitting an internal list limit or something.

One thing I do, which make managing who gets which applications easier, is to not add users to the application, but to add a domain group. Then I just add or remove users from the domain group to allow or disallow the application.

For example, if I have an application called BogoDraw, I create a domain group called BogoDraw Users and only allow that group to run it. Then, to give any individual user access to the app, I just add their userid to the BogoDraw Users group. Immediately they see the icon in nFuse and can run the app. No need to go in and have a huge list of userids that that app is published to.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back