Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant add CMU300.Nap to ePo v3 repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdgoat

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
AU
I have upgraded our ePo 2.5.1 server to version 3.0. I noticed that there is no option to update the virusscan enterprise software in client tasks, i know that in ePo version 2.5.x you have to add the CMU300.Nap to the repository, however this doesn't work with version 3.0 of ePo. I have posted a case on NAI Prime support but thought you guys might have heard of this before?

Cheers.

Yes, the CMU300.Nap doesn't apply in 3.0. First, although Virusscan Enterprise 7.0 appears to be installed in the repository it really isn't. If you go to Repository, Software Repository you'll see that the 7.0 plugin is there but the actual product isn't. Go to Repository, Check In Package, Product or Update, and navigate to the location of the 7.0 software. Now when you look at Master Software Repository you'll see a second entry for 7.0 that is listed as Install.

A Deployment task is available by default if you want to deploy. To create the update task select the level applied and Schedule Task. Select ePolicy Orchestrator UpdateUpdate Task and configure. Note also that you no longer need Mirror to update DAT's. Just download the SuperDAT, go to Repository, Check In Package, and select SuperDAT. The DAT files now go into the repository itself and you can flag old SuperDAT's as Previous each time you update them.

Warnings: two things I learned that I hate. 1) ePo 3.0 requires IE 6.0. I have apps that require 5.5 and I hated being forced to go to 6.0. 2) You can't install ePo 3.0 on a domain controller. This forced me to install it on a server that I didn't want to. So far these are the only shortcomings I've found and they are far outweighed by the ease of deployment of DAT's and the new logical structure of the program.

I ran into the same problem. I just got off the phone with NAI. You don't need the CMU300.Nap anymore. All you need to do is:
1. Highlight your ePolicy server at the top of the tree in the ePolicy Console.
2. Select the "Settings" tab on the right-pane.
3. select "Enable Global Updating" radio button, Apply Settings.
4. Highlight Directoy on tree
5. Select "Tasks" tab on right-pane
6. Right-click in the blank area on right pane and select "Schedule Task"
7. Create a new ePolicy Ochestrator Agent Update Task

By default what will happen is your clients will send a ping test to all listed repositories. The one with the fastest response time will be the one selected to update from. This will only update Virus Scan 7.0 if you use Virus Scan 4.51 as some of my users do you still need to create a seperate Virus Scan 4.51 Update task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back