Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access web based setup page

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues77

Programmer
Jun 11, 2002
CA
Hi guys,

I'm having trouble accessing the web based setup page for the Linksys wireless router that i'm using. When i enter the ip addrs 192.168.1.1 in IE I get an error message saying the page can't be displayed. Can anyone help me with this...I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks
Mike

check the ip address of the computer first if it's within the range of 192.168.1.x...if not, try resetting the router first and check if it will be be able to obtain an ip...if not, just set a static ip...now, you have to make sure that there is no proxy server running in your explorer or any dial-up settings in the browser's connection.

hope this helps! :) Good day!

In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Security, select the "Local Intranet" zone icon (little computer thingy), then Custom Level, scroll towards the bottom for User Authentication, and make sure prompting for username and password is enabled.

If the router is at its default address clicking this link should then get you in:

Check IP Address, should be running in the same segment: 192.168.1.X

No proxy settings:
IE>Select Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Setting>Uncheck Everything

Make sure also that you have no firewalls installed in your computer...

Also if still does not work.. sometimes its just a matter of packet loss.. better set the speed of your nic to a fixed 100 mbps of 10 mbps at full or half-duplex...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back