Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Access Some Restored Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrober

MIS
Feb 9, 2002
GB
Just before our old Exchange 5.5 server died, I backed up the Private and Public Information Stores. After building a new server I restored the databases from the backed up copies. The Private Info store restored and I could see the users mailboxes but I couldn't access them. I created new user accounts in Exchange with the same user details as the old server and this worked, I could access all the info in the transferred mailboxes and so could the users. However, 6 users can't access their mailboxes despite having new accounts set up. It appears that the user info in their new Exchange accounts has to match the info in the old accounts exactly and it looks as if it doesn't in these 6 cases. I can't revisit the old server as something has corrupted and I can't run Exchange admin although the data files themselves seem to be intact.

So, here's the question - how can I give my 6 annoyed users access to their mailboxes? If I click on any of these accounts in Mailbox view I get an error message starting "The object cannot be found......" and ID no. c1010aee.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Pauly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back