Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access shared folders with multi-router network

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdgsogc

Vendor
Feb 26, 2004
CA
In my home network I have a cable modem, a dlink wireless router/hub, a linksys router/hub and a linksys print server/hub. They are attached as follows:

cable modem >> wireless router >> linksys printer server hub >> computer1 (XP)
cable modem >> wireless router >> computer2 (win98)
cable modem >> wireless router >> linksys router >> computer3 (XP)
cable modem >> wireless router >> laptop (XP and wireless)

There is a share on computer1 and on the laptop. They can both see and use each other's shares.

However, there are also shares on computer2 and computer3. computer1 cannot access (but it can see them) the shares on computer2 and computer3 and vice versa. I know that the wireless router/hub, the linksys printer server/hub and the linksys router/hub all have different internal IP addresses. But how is it that my laptop can use the shares on computer1 but computer 2 and 3 can't?

I need all computers on the network to see each others' shares. They are all in the same workgroup called MSHOME. I have run the network wizard on all of them.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back