Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant access Public Folders within system manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

OdedShafran

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
IL
Hey...

Public folders work fine with clients.

but, when Accessing them trough the System Manager, I get the following error:
the connection was aborted. Ensure that the settings on your Default Web Site are correct and Refresh the Public Folder Tree.

When refreshing it says: The object is no longer available.

now,
I know some IT guy played with the IIS about this issue before the problem occured.
I know he changed things under Default Web Site Proprties -> ISAPI FILTERS

can anyone please tell me what FILTER to put there? what is the name + EXEC file?

I think thats the problem.

if anyone also think its another problem, please reply!

thank you all!

Oded Shafran,
Network Administrator

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\exchfilt.dll

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Hey.
thanks for the reply.

that filter was indeed there, so I guess thats not the problem. is this ISAPI FILTER name is Exchfilt?

though i dont think the name might ruin the business...

if yes - then this is not causing the problem. anyone has an idea?

Oded Shafran,
Network Administrator

Have you changed the IP address of the default website in ISM from the original IP given to that machine?

you are a genius!

I made several Host headers in the ISM to the default web site. now, i removed them and make UNASSAINED IP with port 80 only. and its working. so wait- cant I give the default web site a header?

do you have an article how can I move the Exchange OWA from the defualt web site?

Oded Shafran,
Network Administrator

My intelligence is second to Einsteins!!! :) :)

right... :)

but do you know how can I put the OWA in a different Web Site?

Oded Shafran,
Network Administrator

Use exchange system manager and create a new virtual directory with the name you want and point it to whatever mailboxes or tree you want.
Than use iis admin to set additional features.
On your first question: you cannot give a host header to the port exchange uses. You can hower change the port nr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back