Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access phone memory card on Windows XP Pro PC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DayLaborer

Programmer
Jan 3, 2006
US
I have a Motorola RAZR2 V9m with a 2GB microSD card in it. At home, when I attach it to the USB 2.0 port, it pops up as a drive. When I attach it to my work laptop (IBM ThinkPad), it says a new USB drive was detected, but doesn't assign a drive letter to it. Both computers are Windows XP Pro. I've installed the drivers from Motorola.

In Device Manager, the memory card in the phone is listed both under Disk Drives and Storage Volumes.

How can I access the memory card on my work PC?

Thanks,
Eliezer

Do you have any mapped network drive letters assigned at work? This can interfere with the USB letter assignment. For example if you have an F: drive connected you can disconnect then let your USB drive have the letter. Then go into disk management and assign it a different letter like U: then it won't conflict with your mapped drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back