Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access Parter Mail VS R3.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

optomatt

Technical User
Jun 18, 2006
US
Can get into system programing of processor R4.1 but 'int 777' gives a beep on second '7'. Bought used and told all worked when taken down. Does this mean VS module is not working?

Well - if you have not done the necessary system programming to set up your Voice Mail - then just dialing 777 is not possible. Why don't you download the necessary manuals from the Avaya.com website under Support - and first do the required programming steps that are outlined in the voice mail manual. If you still have troubles or questions after that - post back.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

yesterday,
Hunt Group #505, '7', 10, 1 (assigned) ext 10 only
TRE # 306, did not assign as we will not have caller usable mail boxes. (want to use VS as quality Answering Machine)
GCD #206, nothing assigned
LCE #208, 1, 10
2, 10
3, 10
4, 10
VMS Hunt Delay #506, 2
VMS Hunt Sch. #507, 1
Automatic VMS Cover #310, 10, 1
VMS Cover Rings #117, 3
Nightt Service Button 'Not Assigned' (Yet!)
Automatic Extension Privacy #304 11, 1
12, 1

I think I then tried to program the Mail.

Would this be the proper Installation Procedure?

#505 group 7 is only for the voicemail ports, not the user extensions

List your equipment in order and someone will be able to tell what the correct voicemail ports to be put in #505 group 7.

Taken from Avaya's FAQ
Considerations for Hunt Group 7

This Hunt Group is used exclusively for the extensions associated with the voice messaging system hardware. Do not assign any other extensions to this group. A voice messaging system requires special hardware and set up procedures.

1st (most left) 206E Module R3.1
2nd 206E Module R3.1
3rd Processor Module r4.1
4th 400E Module 3.1
5th Partner Mail VS R3.0

optomatt,

Review this. If you have never used this site before remember to search the facts because there is a lot of great information there.

Partner System Administration
How do I know what ports to put into Group 7 if I have a PMVS (Partner Mail VS) vs a PMR1-7 (Partner Messaging Release 1-7) Module?
faq688-5794
Posted: 4 Apr 05

The key to figuring this out is to remember that both the PMVS and the PMR1-7 are both equivalent to a 206 module in the aspect of counting extension ports. They are both worth 6 ports, activated or not. The major difference between them in how the ports are activated by their respective port license cards.

A couple of items of note:

1. Most PMVS modules have 2 ports active out of the box, no port license card required.

2. PMR1-7's REQUIRE a port license card in order to work in production. If there is no port license card in a PMR1-7 the system will report "Welcome to Partner Messaging. This unit is in test mode" only. It will not answer calls the way that I am sure you want it to! A PMR1-7 will report this if the port license card is not seated properly and/or if the card has gone bad as well.

So, on to determining what ports to add to Group 7 in your Partner System.

As an example, let's say that you have a 5 card carrier and in it you have an ACS, 2 206 Modules, and a 2-port Partner Voicemail Solution. That would look something like this:

206|206|ACS|PVM (2 port)

18 | 24 | 10 | 30 <-OK for PM
19 | 25 | 11 | 31 <-OK for PM
20 | 26 | 12 | 32
21 | 27 | 13 | 33
22 | 28 | 14 | 34 <-OK for PMVS
23 | 29 | 15 | 35 <-OK for PMVS

So what is comes down to is the Partner Voicemail Solution has extension ports 30-35 at its disposal.

But which ones go in Group 7???

That's easy!

Do you have a PMVS? If yes, count up from the bottom. For this example you'd put extensions 34 & 35 in Group 7.

Do you have a PMR1-7? If yes, count down from the top. For this example you'd put extensions 30 & 31 in Group 7.

Assuming that you have a Partner Plus or Partner II you voicemail ports for a 2 port are 32 and 33. 4 port is 30,31,32,and 33

10 16 P 22 28
11 17 P 23 29
12 18 P 24 30
13 19 P 25 31
14 20 P 26 32
15 21 P 27 33

Thanks all, I was assuming that Hunt Group 7 setting was for the extension to be monitored by the PVM not to monitor for the PVM. That explains why an extra line would ring each time I called the office to test. :p

I have the system at my house while our old 206 handles the calls. I'll wait for the new power cord(missing) then will reaasign port and see if i can reach the mail system.

Had power outage this weekend, now our ACS processor 3.1 has a red light, the 2 308 cards are green. I have power down the system but the light is still red. What does this mean? And how do I get the system back up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back