Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access NT PDC from 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBobo

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
US
Hi All,

I Need you help.

I have two primary domain controllers.
PDC #1 is called DOMAIN and runs on NT 4.0 Box.
PDC #2 is called DOMAIN2 and runs on 2003 Server Standard Edition. What I'm trying to do is, using Active Directory Migration Tool I would like to import the user's accounts and groups from the NT 4.0 Server. In order to do that, using Active Directory Domains and Trusts snapin I'm trying to add PDC DOMAIN to it.

So far I'm not saccessful.
This is the error I'm receiving:

The following domain controller could not be contacted, the rpc server is not available.

What do you guys think?

Thank you,

Alex.

install netbui on the 2003 server and set up a trust relationship between the 2 domains, so both are trusted and trusting to each other, then they should see each other, if all else fails make sure the 2 servers are on the same switch and try accessing the nt box or vise versa though the ip address eg \\192.168.0.2\c$, at least you can access the files then.

good luck!
Marc Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back