Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't access/login a database

Status
Not open for further replies.

horse123

Technical User
Oct 13, 2003
AU
Hi All,
I imported a database into SQL Server 7,structure only. When I tried to connect to it via my application development tool(Uniface IDF), it generated an error "1556-Logon to database/network failed,status -9". I think there might be user right issue. I knew there was a "fix user script" somewhere and I can't remember where it is. Or maybe due to my repository (created by using scripts provided by Uniface)that wasn't created properly. Could someone provide help with that? I will appreciate it very much, thanks!

Connect via enterprise manager and make sure that the account your are trying to use has access to the database.

When you are having problems with tools connecting to SQL, switch back to the native tools, and see what the actual error message is.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back