Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access LAN programming on OS7100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy2000man

Vendor
Mar 7, 2005
US
A customer inherited an OS7100 in a building they bought. I tried to reset to factory settings with the RST button as well as MMC 830 on the phones. The LAN parameters did not re-set to what I know to be default settings (I've worked on OS systems 2012 vintage and later) I read the LAN parameters from MMC and set my laptop parameters to compatible settings. When I enter what I know to be the default password device manager shows"invalid password" Did older versions OS7100 have different default parameters? Is there a different procedure to reset these parameters?

The LAN will not reset to factory this way, but you should be able to see them in mmc 830 (which you have access to). You can simply over ride the password using the date and time/6663 method (unless its over V4.99). You can then access through the lan port using osdm and change the settings as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back