Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't access internet, but intarnet OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweaker2k

Technical User
Dec 11, 2001
BH
Hi,
A message "The Page cannot be displayed...) is displayed when tring to access any site, but fine with the intranet..

Any clue..

Many Thanks

More info needed,

System, is it a work machine etc.

<!-- Killroy -->

Do you use a proxy server and if so is that information listed correctly in IE.

Also just as a side note if this is a machine you use for work and connect to a LAN and now are trying to use the machine and browser through a dial up session it is possible that protcol is still bound to a network adapter rather than the dial-up adapter if your still have the NIC attached.

But as Killroy99 mentioned we do need more specifications on your machine and setup to advise further.

Reason found. I compared two workstation and found that &quot;Client for Microsoft Networks&quot; is missing from my workstation. I just installed it, and every thing OK..

Thank you for your help..

Best Regards

Tweak,
Lately the net has been swamped with emails from &quot;Goner&quot;. I have a Toshiba cable modem (PCX1100), and my &quot;Cable&quot; light keeps going out meaning no connection to the CMTS downtown. Don't be alarmed if it happens to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back