Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant access a site through Linksys BEFSX41

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceil32

MIS
Apr 8, 2008
IE
We use a Linksys BEFSX41 connected to a Netopia Router in Bridged mode for Internet access on all of our clients (mainly XP SP3).

We cannot access a particular site internally, but it can be accessed externally from any other client.

Is there a setting I can change on the Linksys to allow or 'hardcode' this anywhere?

I've tried putting in a DNS forwarded record but to no avail.

Thanks..

Can you PING or TRACERT the URL from that PC?

....JIM....

Can't ping, a tracert times out on about the sixth hop - I called the ISP and he advised to powercycle the Router!

If that fixes the problem, you should see if there is new firmware available for the router as that often fixes quirky behavior. If not, the smart thing to do is a monthly reboot of the modem and the router.

It's seems stupid and unnecessary, but it keeps gremlins away.

That didn't fix the issue and Router has latest firmware.

Start troubleshooting at the router if you can't rule it out. Can you swap in another router to see if that's the problem??? Lots of similar units (WRT54G) on Craig's List for $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back