Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Access a Folder on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcate

MIS
Jan 17, 2012
US
I was able to access a folder on the network. One day 's can't access and the error the folder's name is unavailable. I can access other folder that don't have any restrictions. This Folder is only available to 6 IT people. I have attached a screen shot of the security settings for this user. I have taken the computer off the domain and back to the domain. Any ideas.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3188d1bd-7be9-49de-a2f1-0f2fa523335e&file=status.jpg
If this issue only happens with one user I would say it is an AD issue with that users permissions. Have one of the IT guys look at the permissions for that folder for the group the user is in and/or the individual user.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

I have this happen every so often.

Here is one thing you can try:

Using SysInternals psexec....
Code:
psexec -s -i -d cmd.exe
rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

... delete any credentials found in there then reconnect to the share.

If you have an issue with EXE files not running from a share, you can try this:

From an elevated command prompt:
Code:
REG ADD "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC\Parameters" /v FormatDatabase /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

... that resets/reformats the CSC service database.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back