Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canot not copy large file on windows server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vavramidis

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2011
GR
Hi @ all.

i have an HP DL 380 G6 Server
(Windows Server 2007 Standard SP2
Intel XEON CPU X5560 @ 2.80 GHz (2 processors), 4GB RAM ,32bit)

which has the following problem.

I can not copy large files (e.g 2-5G).It stuck on the 'calculating' process. If i press the cancel button, my PC also stuck and i have to reboot it.

This problems appears at his local hard disk (NTFS/RAID 5) and at another one which points with an iSCSI in an EMC Clarion CX120.

The strange thing is that it was working well for a long time and it first came up when we disabled the iSCSI connection due Test Purposes.When we enabled it back, we came across with that situation.

It is not a network issue because i have check all the relative firewall and routing things and nothing has changed.

any ideas guys?

thanks in advance.

I agree I wouldn't try to copy of a file that large using Windows explorer. If you use Robocopy you can see if there are any errors being generated during the copy process (like CRC errors)

Just this past weekend I used Robocopy to copy over around 400Gb of stuff. Worked like a charm and it runs super fast too. Of course both servers were connected to the same Gb switch, so that didn't hurt things either.

no, once i tried the teracopy.it didn't work. I'll try the Robocopy and i will let you know.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back