Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canot delete message from outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnipitus

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2001
US
I use Outlook 2000 and I can not delete a message from my outbox. If I try an error comes up and says that the Mapi spooler has already started. This message is causing the automatic mail check to not work properly. Any help will be appreciated

For now, go to Tools-Accounts, open the properties of that account, and uncheck "Include this account when sending/receiving..."

That will stop it from trying to check the mail in the first place. Once you do that, you may need to close and reopen Outlook, but you should definitely be able to delete the item before it starts being spooled.

Once you've deleted it (use Shift+Delete to permanently remove it), don't forget to go back and change the mail account to send/receive again. Anne Troy

Unfortunatly that did not work...now when I hit delete nothing happens. The message will not go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back