Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon S520 printhead problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schorschebub

Technical User
Sep 24, 2003
DE
B-( Hello,
The LED of my Canon S520 printer does blinking orange for 7 times. This shows that the printhead should be defect. But the printer is arround 1,5 years old and for my personal opinion the printer was to expensive for a defect like that in this short lifetime! The printhead should be a permanent printhead but it seems not like that. Does someone know how the printer could be resetted by using the pushbutton switches?
I will be happy for every usefull tip :).
Thanks in advance and best wishes,
Georg

Cannon printers use replacable print head which is replaced each time you change to a new cartridge. You may need to replace the print cartridge(s). If you have not used the printer in a while the print head may have become clogged. To fix this, remove each cartridge and lightly clean the print head with a warm clean damp cloth until you see a spot of printer ink on the cloth. This clogging is a common problem if you use "ink refill kits"...this is because these refill kits are generally not as good of quality as the original cartridges and use a higher percentage of alcohol in the ink causing the ink to dry up and clog the heads.

Good luck

Ken

===================================
Rebooting your computer does NOT
mean kicking it for a second time!!
===================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back