Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon PIXMA MG6821 will not connect as a wireless printer. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravem1

Programmer
May 12, 2002
US
I purchased the Canon MG6821 in January 2017 and initially got the wireless connection to work in windows 10. As of a week ago, I tried to use my printer and now Windows 10 (64 Bit) does not recognize my printer. I have tried uninstalling all Canon software and reinstalling, but the install stops when the setup reached the part that is supposed to see the wireless printer.

Has anyone else had this problem?

When you say wireless connection, do you mean the printer is connected to your network (via wireless or ethernet) and your computer is connected to your network (via wireless or ethernet) OR you are using some kind of wifi direct from computer to printer (page 43 of the manual).

It's simpler to have your computer connected to your network and the printer connected to your network, assuming you have a router. You can check your printer's connection to your network through the status reports and then you would know you have to work on the computer side of the problem.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back