Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon N1220U USB Scanner Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolandschwarz2001

IS-IT--Management
Aug 17, 2001
DE
Hi folks !

I have a problem with my canon scanner and I'm wondering if maybe someone of you can help me ....
I have installed the scanner and the software as described, and after some reboots the scanner is accessible and works.
But not very long. While trying to scan some images, booksites and so an the actual scan-program quits with an error message like : "Access violation at xxxx" or "Program error, quitting" and so on .
After restarting the program the scanner cannot be found until it is unplugged and replugged to the computer.
Reinstalling software,drivers, trying another op-system(xp) and all this stuff didn't help .....

Has anyone an idea what this strange thing could be ?

Some about the hardware ....
msi mainboard, 694D pro, dualprocessor with two p3 800 processors, 1024 megs of ram, two ide harddisks, an dvd, scsi-cdrom burner, and G400 AGp graphics card.

thanks alot for any help !

greetings
roland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back