Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon Multipass F30 printer - does not go into "Ready" mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleshx

Technical User
Sep 29, 2003
US
I have and use 2 printers, HP Laserjet 4L (parallel port) for b/w and Canon for color (USB).
Turning Canon on and starting Canon Status Monitor it goes properly into Idle. But I can not print with Canon.
Windows XP Home: Control Panel - Printers (right click), Canon Printer is offline. Use Printer Online command does not work; Error message: "Operation can not be completed".
When I right click on the Canon printer - Properties, Ports Tab: USB port is not on for Canon printer and I can not put the checkmark there. I click on any other port and [OK], then repeat above steps ( Control Panel- right click on Canon - Properties - Ports tab: I can put the checkmark next to USB port, then [OK]. Again right click on printer in Control Panel, "Use Printer Online" command works and printer goes into Ready mode and will print nicely.
Note: It does not matter which printer is set as the "Default Printer" (checkmark).
Why do I have to go into these gyrations to start up my Canon Printer? Is there a simpler way?
Please advise, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back