Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon MP610 support - the drivers for 8.1 work fine on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrbarnett

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
GB
Hi all

I upgraded my dad's PC to Windows 10 yesterday (from 7 Home Premium). One of the first things that was noticed was his Canon MP610 printer/scanner didn't work. This was not picked up in the compatability check.

On the Canon website, there was a big notice saying this model was not supported on windows 10 and to use a different OS. However, utility software was available for windows 10 for this model, presumably because it is identical to that for newer models.

On a whim I downloaded the latest drivers for windows 8.1 x64, installed it successfully on Windows 10 and he can now print and scan. I then upgraded the various pieces of utility software to the windows 10 compatible versions. My guess is that it was using the drivers that came with the printer.

I guess this is a lesson to us all in terms of keeping drivers for peripherals up to date.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back