Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon ir3300 will not print from a computer. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarzan

Programmer
Apr 22, 2003
US
I have a Canon ir3300 set up as a network device. Copying and Faxing works fine from the device, now I want to print to it from a computer.
I downloaded the PCL6 drivers from Canon's site and installed it on a Win7 computer. It searched and found the printer on the network, it installed the printer and all seems ok. I printed several things, no errors, they go in and out of the print queue with no errors, except that no paper comes out of the device.

I opened the web interface at it opens. I went to the Print queue, nothing there. I went to the Logs, and I can see my print jobs with my Windows user name there, with a status of OK!?!?!

In other words, everything seems to be working and configured correctly, except no printed paper is coming out. What am I missing???

I know most of these questions are on the lower end and seeing your posts here I would imagine you have covered these bases but never hurts to double check.
You are downloading from here, correct? You have the right 64 or 32 bit driver for your version of Windows, as they are different files? (Side note: cant believe this printer has W98 drivers... that's actually pretty cool)

If you connect locally instead of network, does it print to it after configured? If not I would try the PPD driver after nuking the PCL driver. The PPD driver is more up to date anyway as of last year. If so I would look harder at the network config.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Thanks for the fast reply! I did download from the page you linked to, used PCL6_v15.00_Set-up_x64.exe (computer has Win 7 64-bit). I will try uninstalling it and using the PPD driver PPD_v4.15Win.exe, see if it makes a difference.

That's just a batch of PPD files. No idea what to do with them.

But the PCL5 drivers DID work. Go figure. Thanks DrB0b!

Hi. I'm having almost the same problem. My IR2800 is connected with a USB to 36pin cable.
All is working except nothing is printing out...
I know it's a driver's problem. I think I tried them all.
@guitarzan: which version of the PCL5 did you used? Im running WIN 7 x64

It must be 10 years since I was responsible for an Image Runner but ISTR the PCL5 driver was far more reliable and stable. It was supposedly slower because the print data was uncompressed but in practice there was no difference.

It was also a great device for scanning documents in colour using Acrobat.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Yeah... I was about to suggest trying the PCL5 instead of the PCL6 drivers.

You'd think after all these years, they would have fixed PCL6. I mean, crap, it's been what, 15 years now?

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

I have had the network controller lock up. Try removing it and resetting it to see it that helps. They also Fail, then you must replace it. Better to just replace the Machine...Very old unit.

Hi there are many cases like this where we are not able to print from our xyz printer. This problem is not with a single printer but is applicable to all.

Here are some steps for How To Fix-Why Is My Canon Printer Not Responding-

Solution No. 1: If your Canon wireless is not printing
* Click Setup button
* Check for “Wireless LAN" & press "ok"
* Check “Easy Setup”
* Next is access point
* Try entering WiFi details

Solution No 2: Go For Network Discovery
Solution No 3: Cross verify Printer Spooler
Solution No 4: Disabling third-party firewall.
Solution No 5: Using printing troubleshooter
Solution No 6: Changing USB porting.

These steps would have been enough for the one to get the solution for the printer repair & service

Thanks

IIRC the IR3300 uses CAT5/Ethernet. It has no wi-fi.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back