Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon ir2200 and LINUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamDal

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2002
GB
Hi,

We have a Canon ir2200 printer/fax/scanner and I am trying to set it up to print via LINUX. I have switched LPD on in the network set-up, I have set-up an IP address, which I can ping but I can not get the LINUX box to print to this device. Windows clients can print to it no problem. I have had a very indepth look through out the web for information on how to set this up without any luck.

Anyone set one of these devices up before with LINUX?

Thanks for your time!

What is the remote print queue name you used when you set up the printer on the Linux box?

Hi,

My remote print queue name on the linux is set to "print"
which is in lower case. When you use the front end on the LINUX box, you enter the IP address of the printer and the print queue name (this puts an entry into /etc/printcap).

There is an option on the LINUX front end to test print. Nothing is printted.

The windows clients have the path set to //ir2200/print

LPD is set to on

Hi Tomte,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I now Have the printer working by installing CUPS, however I could have got it working with LPD but CUPS gave me more information. The problem was the port number (9100) was not set.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back