Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon 5200 Green & Orange lights flashing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

haydn

Technical User
Mar 16, 2002
GB
Hello,

Our Canon iP5200r, which we've had for over 5 years, finished printing a double sided document and immediately started to flash its green and orange lights continuously.
If I switch it off, within a few seconds it switches itself on again and continues flashing. When I attempt to print a test page it displays a box with the message "Error 6500", whatever that is.
It's not out of paper and the cartridges don't need replacing. There's no paper jammed either.
Our network software shows its wireless connection is normal.
I've tried barging in via the USB route, but no luck.
Thanks

According to the Service Manual a 6500 error code is the Logic board ass'y (QM2-2733) problem and you need to replace the Logic board assembly.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Thanks very much for your speedy and helpful reply. Presumably, I can order the part from Canon, but can a complete ignoramous like me replace it relatively easily?
Also, have you any idea how much it costs?

Regards

The logic board appears to be manufacturer discontinued. A Google search turned up one available at for 107.10 including VAT.

As to how easy it is to replace that would depend on your skills. If you look through the service manual that I linked to you will find diagrams of the wiring for the logic board.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Thanks - I'll get a new printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back