Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canon 200F Printer Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nytro

MIS
Dec 24, 2001
US
Help!

I have a Canon 200F printer that is networked with 10 workstations. The printer's driver is installed onto a Windows 2000 server computer. I'm utilizing "standard TCP/IP port settings" on the server which are matched with the printer settings and everything works great.

Our small company purchased a new server with Windows 2003... I can't get the printer networked even after setting up the software/drivers. Do I need another driver? and if so which one do I need? as there are many for this particular printer on Canon's web-site. I'm not sure the type of NIC that's installed into the Canon printer. Below are numbers taken from the back of the copier.

F24300
NF20382
Z03413
F13900

Any help... greatly appreciated

Steven

Please help

Cannot get printer to work, however with Win2k, printer worked fine. Is it a driver issue?

steve

Steve,

Has your domain name/server IP changed since the new server was installed?

Can you ping the printer?

Has the IP of the printer changed since the new install?

I'm not sure it's a driver issue, since the same drivers should work from 2K to 2K3.

I would look more at a connectivity issue first.

Hope this helps a little,
Martin

Thank you for your response Martin...

Yes the IP addresses have changed. The printer has a function where you can print out a configuration sheet on itself. I will double check the IP addresses again and make sure they mesh with the server. Also the server's NetBios name has changed, however the domain name is still the same. I will follow your leed and make sure the cable drop checks out by way of voltmeter and that the "ping" command works.

I have one of our HP printers up and running so the boss is letting me take a couple of weeks off. Martin, I will get back with you when I get off from vacation and let you know the outcome.

Thank you

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back