Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot write to file

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACCESSDUMMY

Programmer
Oct 22, 2003
US
In Paradox 10, using an XP machine, I'm getting an error message saying "cannot write to file" when I try to save my work. This is happening when I try to save all forms and scripts.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why I'm getting this error message?

Thanks,
Amy

Check your permissions for the working directory, the Borland folder, and the Corel Folder (and their subfolders). You must have FULL ACCESS rights to all these places.

Mac :)

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world... those who understand binary and those who don't"

langley_mckelvy@cd4.co.harris.tx.us

Thanks for the response, but I found the problem. My Antivirus software was conflicting with Paradox, and causing me to not be able to save anything in Paradox. After I uninstalled the antivirus software, I was again able to save my work in Paradox. It was also affecting some other software on my computer as well.

Thanks!

AccessDummy,

You may be able to use your anti-virus software. Look for the types of files it scans and make sure that it isn't set to scan every file. That should let you save data and protect your computer.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back