Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot view the \companyweb\ site in SBS 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgmacs

IS-IT--Management
Apr 4, 2006
US
Hello Everyone,

I installed SBS 2003 and wanted to use the sharepoint site that is created by default in SBS 2003. I can view the site on the server as \companyweb\ but not through a windows local networked machine. I have tried typing \\server_name\companyweb etc etc.

I can get to the root page by typing http:\\10.0.0.5\ which shows the page to SBS company web also besides others. On this page, I can click on other links but clicking on "My Company's Internal Web Site" which is pointing to I get "this page cannot be displayed.

I am logging in with an administrator account into SBS 2003. SBS 2003 firewall is disabled.

Appreciate any thoughts.

I to have the exact same problem and would appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Two things to check--
1. Make sure the DNS server for the remote computer points to the server
2. Make sure the time is synced on each machine

When frustrated remember, in the computer world there is almost always a backdoor.

My problem may be slightly different in that I cannot access it even from the server on which the site is running.

glen--In IIS if you right click on the site can you browse it?

When frustrated remember, in the computer world there is almost always a backdoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back