Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot view our own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono261970

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have recently set up win 2k AD and DNS. Everything is working fine, email, Internet and the network in general.

However, it has come to light that we cannot view our website this side of the firewall/router. We get a "bad ip address" error message. I can access our website from home though. We can access any other websites but our own!

We could access the website before we moved from NT4.0 and we didn't have our own DNS server.

I am almost certain this is a DNS issue. I am wondering if I have to add an entry but unsure how to go about this.

I did post this before but then I went away on holiday for a month. Somebody asked me in the last post if the AD name was the same as the domain name and the answer to that question is yes, it is the same.

Any ideas?

cheers,

jono

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.

Hi All,

I managed to correct this problem by adding a new host and point it to my external web server address.

cheers

jono

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back