Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot view Login after Remote connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinwho

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2008
US
I have a domain joined Windows 7 computer that does not display the CTRL-ALT-DEL login window after Remote Connecting from an outside computer. There are two monitors connected to this computer and one of the monitors has a green light indicating its on (you can see the mouse) and the other one has an amber light indicating its sleeping. It seems like the sleeping monitor is the main one with the login prompt since the green monitor that is awake has a black screen. I must also note that this ONLY happens if you Remote Connect from outside the network, inside the network its fine.

I have tried to swap out the connections for each monitor (making monitor 1 number 2 and making number 2 number 1) but that didnt resolve anything. I have tried swapping the monitors in Windows 7 as well but didnt help. The user is connecting using both an Apple and Windows machine and can connect just fine but gets the same result from both when he comes back to the office. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back