Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot view images in Lotus Notes email

Status
Not open for further replies.

LalanKG

Programmer
Jan 25, 2005
IN
Hi,
I am new to lotus Domino, we have some issues with the email part. All is working fine , except the image.

ie we are unable to view the image in the mail. But the page source shows the link correctly.

What could be the reason? is there any Settings needs to done in the lotus domino? or is it due to some security issues.
If so how to view the image in the email body?

Please help with you

LalanKG

You say that you have a link. Are you sure it is not an attachment ?
If it is a link, does the user have the browser preferences configured correctly ?
Finally, if users are using Notes as default browser in Notes, is the http task running on the Domino server ?

Pascal.

Hi Pascal,
Link -it is not an attachement. If we copy and paste this link from the page Source to IE address bar, i can view the image correctly.

I guess it could be some browser preference or configuration issues..

ur qs.. Are you sure it is not an attachment ? how can we make sure that? any hints?

In our case none of the images are shown.

BTW, i am using lotus notes for the first time.
so please give me some guidance.

LalanKG

If it is not an attachment, then I suggest you edit your Location document and ensure that the browser is defined correctly.
Your current location is shown at the bottom right of the Notes client window, next to the mail notification icon (rightmost icon). By default, if you are connected to the office network, your location should be named My Office.
Click on that button, and choose the Edit Current option. That will open a document entitled Location: My Office. Under the title you will see several tabs, one of which is named Internet Browser. Click on that tab and set your preferences accordingly.

That should solve your problems on this matter, especially since IE works on its own.

Pascal.

Pascal, still i am in the same place

I get a blank square box with a "x" in the top corner. How can I enable this so I can see the picture again?

LalanKG

We have a similar problem at my company. We use WebSense which forces users to logon for access to the external world. If they are NOT logged into Websense they cannot see the images. If they launch a website connection through Notes and then open the message that has graphics in it, the graphics will display correctly.

doolc1 :

Notes is working as it should in your case. If there is no HTTP connection, the document will not show images that are linked on the web.

LalanKG :

Is the server running the HTTP task ?

Pascal.

pmonett:
Is the server running the HTTP task

Yes

LalanKG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back