Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot view any type of video files

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieAIX

Technical User
Apr 28, 2004
US
I have just recently upgraded my VGA Adapter to a Nvidia GeForce 7600GS 512MB. Previously I was using an ATI 9500 Pro.

When trying to view any type of video file, DVD, AVI, MPEG, WMV etc. I get sound output but no video output on the screen. I have also tried using numerous media players & codecs without any luck.

Has anyone run into this problem before?

Thanks in advance!

-FrankieAIX

Have uninstall the ATI-Driver before u upgrade?
do so! :)

1. uninstall all graphic driver
2. boot
3. install nvidia driver
4. boot
5. it should work

Best regards
B4db0y

linney - I have loaded the current GeForce driver.

B4dboy - The ATI driver was removed before installing any Nvidia software and the Nvidia adapter. I think I might try removing the Nvidia software/drivers and starting from scratch to see if that makes any difference.

Its just frustrating that, PC games & Flash video work with no problem. errrrrr :)

-FrankieAIX

Is there a utility to remove all traces of ATI drivers?

Apart from Format and clean install? You could try a decent Registry cleaner?

I did see mention of "moving from ATI to Nvidia" in that link I posted but haven't followed it up.

linney,

Thanks for the info I will check it out.

Regards,

FrankieAIX

Seems that there was some problem with having full hardware acceleration turned on. I had to chage hardware acceleration to the third bar from "none" then I get video output from all the various video players.

Is this a problem with the current version of directx 9.0c & Nvidia adapters?

-FrankieAIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back