Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot vertically align strings containing both Japanese and English text

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggerb46

Programmer
Jul 20, 2012
US
I am using Visual Basic to align the text of strings which often consist of different fonts. The first part of each string consists of numerals. The second part of the string consists of Japanese characters and the third part consists of English characters.

These changes in fonts cause vertical alignment to be difficult. I need a method to ensure proper verticle alignment of the English portion of each string. In other words, I want to change this:

3.1.3.1 CPC コネクタ UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.4.2 バッテリチャージ (80 to 100 %) UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.6.4 VGA 出力試験 UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.8.4 ビデオオーバーレイ試験(図4) UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.9.3 MP3 UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.10.1 CPUバッテリ交換 UNTESTED UNTESTED

Into this:

3.1.3.1 CPC コネクタ UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.4.2 バッテリチャージ (80 to 100 %) UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.6.4 VGA 出力試験 UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.8.4 ビデオオーバーレイ試験(図4) UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.9.3 MP3 UNTESTED UNTESTED

3.1.10.1 CPUバッテリ交換 UNTESTED UNTESTED

I am using Visual Basic 6.5. I am trying to print the strings into a Word document.

I tried using the TextWidth() method in the Form that prints out these strings however this method is not available: I don't see it inside the list of methods of the Form's class.

I want to implement a method that will count the number of twips between each part of string before it is printed out. I could then make adjustments to the spacing between Japanese and English characters.

Is there a way to do this that does not involve the 'TextWidth' method?

Is there a declaration or code that I can add to either the Main Form or a Class Module that will allow me to use 'TextWidth' method or some other measurement function?

If there is a better way to do this besides using twips please tell me.

>Visual Basic 6.5.

Which is VBA, not VB. You might want to ask in forum707

(plus with the example as shown I cannot see what your actual problem is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back