Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot use Element Mgr remotely on a BCM 400, Rls 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnctechdotcom

Technical User
Jan 9, 2007
US
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction in seeing why I cannot log into one of my remote offices, a BCM 400, Release 4.0. I have never been able to log in since it has been set up by the vendor. The following are the facts:

**I can ping 192.168.232.1 which is the VLAN for the BCM.
**I CANNOT ping 192.168.1.10 which is the managed switch.
**The local people in the office can log into Element Manager ONLY after changing their IP address to a VLAN address.
**IP phones are up and running fine in that office.
**VLAN for phones 192.168.229.1
**BCM Address 192.168.232.10
**I added the RIP protocol and entered LAN1 and added the IP addresses.
**Under DATA SERVICES/ROUTER, Under "Interfaces", I have "Enable Routing Protocol" checked for LAN1.
**Under "Static Routes", I have the BCM IP address in there as 192.168.232.10, the correct Subnet, and the NEXT HOP ROUTER as 192.168.232.1 (the VLAN for the BCM).

Anything simple that we are missing? The system has been re-booted a few times as well.

You may not be able to PING if PINGs are blocked.

In terms of firwalls, if you have one in this setup the following ports must be unblocked for BCM 4.0:

Port Number Port Type Name "Required For
Management" Comments

443 TCP HTTPS Yes Element Manager upload/download, Voicemail application, log download, document and application download

5989 TCP CIM/XML Yes Handles configuration requests from Element Manager

I don't know if this will help, cannot offer further advice on this as sounds more of a network issue rather than BCM problem.

Can you even ? If you can, means there is not a network problem. If you cannot, chances is this is a network problem.

If you can however cannot logon using element manager, if the BCM 4.0 had early patches applied, then if it returns "BCM detector cannot determine the device type for {BCM IP ADDRESS}"...very important that this is only applicable, if you can access it via http, then you'll need to log a ticket with Avaya as you may have an RPM database corruption which they will need to repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back